If you have ever had to deal with restoring damaged teeth, you’ll probably know that the most popular method these days is called CEREC Crowns. An acronym for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, CEREC 3D is the latest in cosmetic dental technology.
Using highly advanced equipment, dentists can now digitally photograph your tooth, and send a computer-assisted design to a milling machine. That same machine will then create a custom-fit crown from high-quality material that completely matches the shape and colour of other teeth.
Your damaged tooth can be replaced with a ceramic crown that looks and functions just like a real tooth. This is done in a single appointment with minimal discomfort.
CEREC 3D technology offers several advantages for both dentists and patients: (therecord.com)
- It’s quick. CEREC crowns can be made and applied in a single appointment. Walk in with a decayed or damaged tooth, and walk out with a fully restored smile.
- Advances in technology have made crown production easier and, therefore, more affordable.
- Dentists can use CEREC technology to produce custom-fitting crowns on site, they eliminate the costs of third-party labs and specialists.
- CEREC crowns are produced and fitted in a single appointment, and fewer visits means less time in the chair, which translates into cost savings.
- It’s effective. Perhaps the greatest benefit of a CEREC crown is the result. The high-quality material allows you to eat and drink just as you would with an actual tooth.
- The technology allows your dentist to match the colour of your surrounding teeth, so your smile looks natural.
If you’re unhappy with the look or feel of your smile, a CEREC crown may be just the solution.
Do you have more questions about CEREC Dentistry? Download your copy of our eBook–