The methods we can use to enhance, improve or completely restore our smiles have progressed to be more efficient, effective and convenient than ever before. Dental bonding has made a big splash in the dental industry as one of the easiest, most affordable and non-invasive solutions to a beautiful smile. Now more than ever, patients are arriving and leaving with a perfect smile in just one visit.
How is this possible? Check out how dental bonding is so effective at improving smiles and its additional benefits.
Dental Bonding Explained
Dental bonding uses a composite resin, which is often plastic, to correct a decayed, discoloured, chipped or broken tooth. The composite resin is akin to the rest of your teeth, matching the shade of the rest of your teeth. Bonding is the most effective alternative to amalgam fillings, but a much easier process. The composite resin bonds to the remaining chipped or decayed tooth for an extended period of time to improve the appearance of the tooth. Dental bonding doesn’t require any preparation prior and is completed during one dental visit.
Types of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is classified into two different methods; direct composite dental bonding and adhesive bonding. Direct composite dental bonding involves the dentist using the tooth-coloured composite resin to fix the chipped, fractured or cracked teeth along with filling cavities. Direct composite dental bonding can also be used to close certain gaps between teeth or damaged and discoloured teeth. This process involves applying the bonding material directly to the surface of the tooth. Adhesive dental bonding is the process of attaching a fastening a dental restoration such as a veneer, bridge, porcelain or crown on to the tooth.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Tooth bonding is a viable choice to improve one’s smile without the high cost. The additional advantages of dental bonding include:
- Protects exposed dentin from a receding gum line.
- Closes gaps between teeth.
- Repairs and restores discoloured teeth to improve the appearance.
- The treatment can be one in the comfort of Dr. Jason Harvey’s family dentist clinic in Edmonton without any dental anesthetic.
- Affordable cosmetic dentistry treatment compared to many other dental treatments to improve smiles.
- Only a small amount of your tooth enamel is removed to carry out the dental bonding process.
- It can improve overall oral health as composite resin helps combat and treat cavities and other gum and teeth decay and disease. The composite resin can effectively reinforce the stability and structure of the walls of the tooth and prevent decay from developing and spreading.
Dr. Jason Harvey’s dentist clinic in South Edmonton is a full-service dental office delivering general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, restorative and emergency dental treatments. Our team of dental hygienists always ensures a comfortable, friendly and professional environment where we only utilize the most advanced dental technologies. Our comprehensive dental care clinic is committed to serving all patients old and new! Book your appointment with us on our contact form at https://drjasonharvey.ca/contact-us/.