Digital dental x-rays are an important part of your complete dental examination. They are required to diagnose Dental issues often not visually detectable.
These issues may include:
- Decay between teeth
- Decay under existing fillings, Crowns or Bridges abscess formation around the roots of teeth
- Unerupted/impacted teeth
- Bone loss resulting from periodontal (gum) disease
- Assess bone viability for Implant placement
Although exposure from Dental X-rays has always been significantly less than most Medical X-rays, the new technology of Digital X-rays has reduced radiation exposure even further. The radiation output required is about 80% less now, and well below our typical daily background exposure levels.
Other benefits include:
- Instant images (no waiting for development)
- No more developing chemicals into our water/environment
- The Doctor’s ability to utilize software to aid in the diagnosis
A combination of both visual and X-ray examination provides the best diagnostic tools for your Dentist to better determine your Dental needs. If it’s been a while, be proactive; call and book your complete dental examination today!