Have you heard of veneers before? Do you know what they are? Do you know they can help fix an imperfect smile and give you something to smile about?
Veneers are handy little casings your dentist can attach to your teeth to make your smile flawless. After they’re in your mouth, they can last anywhere between seven to 20 years if they are made from porcelain. If the veneer happens to fall off during this time, it can usually be rebonded to your teeth.
When is it time for Veneers?
How do you know you’re a good candidate for veneers? Well, if you have any of the following imperfections, veneers may be a good fit for you:
1) Broken, chipped, or cracked teeth: These are a few common dental problems that veneers can easily fix. If you got whacked in the face with a baseball or tripped and broke a tooth, veneers can make it seem like the accident didn’t even happen. No one will know the difference afterward.
Depending on the severity of your tooth injury, a porcelain veneer may be your best option. Dr. Jason Harvey can customize the veneer and color match it to the rest of your teeth, making your smile perfect once again.
2) If you have one or more gaps in your smile: Gaps in a smile can often make people feel self-conscious or embarrassed. In an effort to hide this imperfection, some resist the natural urge to laugh or smile. If you’re tired of not fully expressing yourself and hiding the laughter bubbling below the surface, we can help you.
3) Your teeth are substantially worn: As people age, it’s natural for our teeth to wear down after years of constant everyday use. Teeth grinding and clenching can accelerate the wear down of your teeth, causing the tops of them to become flat and dull over time if it’s done on a frequent basis. This dullness can make it harder for you to eat certain foods. If not handled soon enough, bruxism can cause significant problems. Veneers can provide more stability for consuming food.
4) You dislike the current condition of your smile: If you’re reading this blog post, you probably don’t like your smile right now, do you? What specifically don’t you like? Has genetics robbed you of a great smile? Has years of smoking cigarettes permanently stained your teeth? There can be several reasons why a person may be unhappy with their smile. Veneers can fix many of them, though, and a perfect smile is only a phone call away!
5) Your teeth are extremely discolored or stained: Staining and discoloration can be caused by several things, and many people try to rectify this problem with over-the-counter whitening products. However, some of these products may be no match for stains that are deeply engrained in your teeth. They can produce some results, but any changes won’t be too dramatic.
Related: Oral Smarts: Protecting Your Teeth from Stains
For patients who want to dramatically whiten their smile by several shades, in-office whitening or porcelain veneers could work. In-office whitening may not work, though, if the staining is severe. If you want a more uniform and white smile, veneers could be a great fit for you.
Veneers are a great affordable option for individuals who want to fix their unsightly smile. No matter what has caused the flaw, be it genetics, trauma, or bad habits, veneers can help you feel more like yourself. If you want a perfect smile of have questions about our veneers, call the office of Dr. Jason Harvey.